Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol. 30 Nos 10 & 11 (2021) 1521-1526|
Interferometric metrology in spatially quasi-incoherent light
M Sjödahl, V Dembele, J Wahl and K Ramser
The purpose of this paper is to re-visit two interferometric techniques that utilize a spatially quasi-incoherent light source to perform interferometric measurements on diffusely scattering objects. The first technique is a lateral shear interferometer that shifts the field in the spatial frequency domain to obtain single-shot measurements of shape. The second technique is a phase-stepped Michelson type interferometer used to generate depth-gated images of scattering objects. Both techniques demonstrate the ability of spatially quasi-incoherent light to produce speckle-free results with interferometric accuracy over a well-defined volume in space. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Interferometry, Shear interferometry, Depth-gated imaging.
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserved
- Rastogi P K, (ed), Digital Speckle Pattern Interferometry and Related Techniques, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, England, 2001.
- Hildebrand B P, Haines K A, Multiple-wavelength and multiple source holography applied to contour generation, J Opt Soc Am, 57(1967)155–162.
- Abramson N, Light-in-flight recording by holography, Opt Lett, 3(1978)121–123.
- Huang D, Swanson E A, Lin C P, Schuman J S, Stinson W G, Chang W, Hee M R, Flotte T, Gregory K, Puliafito C A. Fujimoto J G, Optical coherence tomography, Science, 254(1991)1178–1181.
- Leith E N, Chen C, Chen H, Chen Y, Lopez J, Sun P.-C, Dilworth D, Imaging through scattering media using spatial incoherence techniques, Opt Lett, 16(1991)1820–1822.
- Bon P, Maucort G, Wattellier B, Monneret S, Quadriwave lateral shearing interferometry for quantitative phase microscopy of living cells, Opt Express, 17(2009)13080–13094.
- Srivasava V S, Nandy S, Mehta D S, High-resolution full-field spatial coherence gated optical tomography using monochromatic light source, Appl Phys Lett, 103(2013)103702; doi.org/10.1063/1.4820350.
- Redding B, Bromberg Y, Choma M A, Cao H, Full-field interferometric confocal microscopy using a VCSEL array, Opt Lett, 39(2014)4446–4449.
- Sjodahl M, Amer E, Quantitative measurement of thin phase objects: comparison of speckle deflectometry and defocus-variant lateral shear interferometry, Appl Opt, 57(2018)3645–3652.