Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol 31, No 7 (2022) 779-786|
Introducing m-learning in the classroom: a proposal for diffraction and image processing training
Maria L Calvo
Department of Optics, Faculty of Physical Sciences, Complutense University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Dedicated to Prof Maria J Yzuel
We present results obtained with teaching and learning technique, the so called m-Learning (or mobile-Learning). This is a proposal with the aim to introduce an easy procedure to teach how to treat acquired images digitally, and to be detected and analyzed by undergraduate students, of the branch of physics and optics. The results indicated that m-learning could be compatible with diffraction phenomena training in the classroom. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: m-learning, Diffraction, Fresnel and Fraunhofer approximation, Image processing.
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserve
- Lakhdar Z B, Dhaouadi Z, Ghalila H, Lahmar L, Majdi Y, Using mobile camera for a better exploitation and understanding of interference and diffraction experiments, Proc ETOP Conf 2009; doi.org/10.1364/ETOP.2009.ETC5.
- Rath G, Mobile phones in physics teaching-an overview of development and research activities, J Phys Conf Ser, 1286(2019) 012050; doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1286/1/012050.
- Gove R J, CMOS image sensor technology advances for mobile devices, (Ed) Durini D, In Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials, High Performance Silicon Imaging, 2nd Edn, (Woodhead Publishing), 202), pp 185–240.
- Saini S S, Sridhar A, Ahluwalia K, Smartphone optical sensors, Opt Photonics News, 30(2019)34–41.
- Paredes-Barato D, Calvo M L, On the Thompson-Wolf experiment: a study with laser sources, J Europ Opt Soc, Rapid Publ, 5(2010) 10051s; doi. 10.2971/jeos.2010.10051s.
- Ghatak A, Optics, 5th edn, (Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, India), 2012.
- Molina de la Peña I, Calvo M L, Alvarez-Estrada R F, Neutron Optics: New algorithm based on Green’s functions for simulating waveguides with Dirichelet boundary conditions, Appl Math Mod, 101(2021)694–715.
- Calvo M L, m-Learning and holography: compatible techniques?, Proc SPIE, 9289(2014) 928903-2; doi.org/10.1117/12.2068494.
- Astadjov D N, Prakash O, Spatial coherence of low-cost 532nm green lasers, Proc SPIE, 8770( 2013) 87701P-1; doi.org/10.1117/12.2012849.
- Bass M (Ed.), Handbook of Optics, 3rd edn, Vol. 1, (Mc Graw Hill, New York), 2010.
- NIST Tests Underscore Potential Hazards of Green Laser Pointers, (March 2013), https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2013/03/nist-tests-underscore-potential-hazards-green-laser-pointers (page checked January 2022).
- Calvo M L, Alieva T, Rodrigo J A, Martinez Matos O, Moreno A, Aliev T, Holografía. Laboratorio Virtual [A virtual laboratory of holography], Editorial Complutense, Madrid (November 2007, CD in Spanish). ISBN 10: 8474918588ISBN 13: 9788474918588.
- Rolleston R, George N, Stationary phase approximations in Fresnel-zone magnitude-only reconstructions, J Opt Soc Am A, 4(1987)148–153.