Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol. 30 Nos 10 & 11 (2021) 1593-1599|
P_Scope® – A virtual polariscope
P_Scope® is an innovative software that simulates the conventional polariscope using Jones calculus for ten different problems for which closed form solutions exist. It can help learn conventional photoelasticity as well as nuances of digital photoelasticity. The software is designed with a user-friendly interface that allows simulations using user defined problem parameters to suit their situations, thereby serving as a virtual laboratory. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Photoelasticity, Polariscope, Stress, Polarization, Jones calculus, Isochromatic-, and isoclinic fringes.
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserved
- Ramesh K, Digital Photoelasticity Advanced Techniques and Applications, (Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg), 2000.
- Ramesh K, e-book on Experimental Stress Analysis, (Chennai, India: IIT Madras), 2009. https://home.iitm.ac.in/ kramesh/ESA.html.
- Ramesh K, Video Lectures on Experimental Stress Analysis, (Chennai, India: NPTEL and MHRD), 2011. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2HOSfwNoUE&list=PL21BB25670CDC2AEB&index=12
- Ramesh K, P_Scope® – A Virtual polariscope Lab. IIT Madras, 2017. https:// home.iitm.ac.in/ kramesh/p_scope.html
- Ramesh K, Developments in Photoelasticity – A renaissance, (IOP Publishing, Bristol, UK), https://iopscience.iop.org/book/978-0-7503-2472-4.
- Ramesh K, P_Scope® User Manual, Photomechanics Lab. IIT Madras, 2017.