Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol 31, No 1 (2022) 107-113|
Single hololens imaging configuration in laser speckle photography for in-plane displacement measurement
Abhijit Ghosh1, Nishant Kumar1 and A K Nirala2
1Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology Durgapur- 713 209, West Bengal, India
2Biomedical Optics Lab, Department of Physics Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad- 826 004, Jharkhand, India
This article is dedicated to late Prof B N Gupta
In the present work, a single hololens imaging configuration has been proposed and developed in speckle photography for measurement of in-plane displacement. It’s alignment process is as simple as that of a conventional lens imaging system. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Laser speckle photography, In-plane displacement, Young’s fringes.
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserve
- Dainty J C (Ed.), Laser Speckle and Related Phenomena, (Springer Verlag, Berlin), 1975.
- Stetson K A, A review of speckle photography and speckle interferometry, Opt Eng, 14(1975)482–489.
- Bhaduri B, Tay C J, Quan C, Sheppard C J R, Motion detection using extended fractional Fourier transform and digital speckle photography, Opt Express, 18(2010)11396-11405.
- Sirohi R S, Speckle interferometry, Phys Educ, 6 (1989)95–103.
- Arai Y, Pre-treatment for preventing degradation of measurement accuracy from speckle noise in speckle interferometry, Measurement, 136(2019)36–41.
- Hariharan P, Speckle-shearing interferometric: a simple optical system, Appl Opt, 14(1975)2563–2563.
- Wang X, Gao Z, Yang S, Gao C, Fan Y, Application of digital shearing speckle pattern interferometry for thermal stress, Measurement, 125(2018)11–18.
- Nakagawa K, Takatsuki T, Mincmoto T, Measurement of the displacement distribution by speckle photography using BSO crystal, Opt Commun, 76(1991) 206–212.
- Archbold E, Ennos A E, Displacement measurement from double exposure laser photographs, Opt Acta 19(1972) 253–271.
- Yamaguchi I, Fringe formation in deformation and vibration measurements using laser light, Prog Opt, 22(1985) 271–340.
- Sirohi R S (Ed), Speckle Metrology, (Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York), 1993.
- Stetson K A, Analysis of double exposure photography with two illuminations, J Opt Soc Am, 64(1974)857–861.
- Yamaguchi I, Fringe formation in speckle photography, J Opt Soc Am A, 1(1984)81–86.
- Archbold E, Burch J M, Ennos A E, Recording of in-plane surface displacement by double exposure speckle photography, Opt Acta, 17(1970)883–898.
- Statson K A, Vulnerability of speckle photography to lens aberrations, J Opt Soc Am, 67(1977)1587–1590.
- Shakher C, Yadav H L, Use of holographic optical elements in speckle metrology: Part-3: application to fracture mechanics, Appl Opt, 30(1991)3607–3611.
- Yadav H L, Kumari N, Bhushan R, Mallick A, Gupta B N, Fabrication of double-aperture hololens imaging system : application to mechanics, Opt Laser Eng, 41(2004)869–877.
- Jayaswal R K, Yadav H L, Barhai P K, Design and analysis of modified version of double aperture speckle interferometer consisting of holographic optical element: Application to measurement of in plane displacement component, Optik 126(2015)1700–1704.
- Joenathan C, Sirohi R S, Elimination of error in speckle photography, Appl Opt, 25(1986)1791–1794.
- Joenathan C, Error in speckle photography: effect of coherent and incoherent speckles, Optik, 87(1991)179-183.
- Shakher C, Rao G V, Use of holographic optical elements in speckle metrology: Part-2, Appl Opt, 26(1987)654–657.
- Ghosh A, Nirala A K, Design and fabrication of different types of holographic lenses, with analysis of their imagery and aberration, Meas Sci Technol, 28(2017)125402; doi.org/10.1088/1361-6501/aa92aa.
- Ghosh A, Nirala A K, One to one imagery using single hololens configuration, Rev, 21(2014)765–768.
- Horman M H, Chau H H M, Zone plate theory based on holography, Appl Opt, 6(1967)317–322.
- Chau H H M, Zone plates produced optically, Appl Opt, 8(1969)1209–1211.
- Georgieva J, Diffraction halo effect in speckle photography, Appl Opt, 25(1986)3970–3971.
- Ghosh A, Nirala A K, Yadav H L, Use of hololenses for generation of speckle correlation fringes in LDA measurement volume, Proc IEEE, International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP – 2013), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, 13-15 December, 2013, pp.1-4. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=6733557.
- Ghosh A, Kumar R, Kumar N, Nirala A K, In-Plane Displacement Component Measurement Using Fourier Transform Filtering Technique, Springer Proceedings in Physics book series (SPPHY, volume 258) pp 575-578, 2019, International Conference on Optics & Electo-Optics (ICOL 2019), IRDE Dehradun, India, during 19-22 October, 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-9259-1_132.