Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol. 31, Nos 3-6 (2022) A15-A25|
Dynamic speckle imaging based on dynamic mode decomposition
Raghunandan Kalibhat1, Rishikesh Kulkarni1 and Parama Pal2
We present a data-driven method for capturing the evolution of spatially and temporally varying speckle patterns. Our method is based on the dynamic mode decomposition (DMD) technique, which is a powerful framework for analyzing the dynamics of nonlinear systems using dimensionality reduction. We describe the steps to be followed for applying the DMD framework to experimental as well as synthetic speckle image data and benchmark its performance against some well-established speckle analysis techniques. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Optical metrology, Speckle contrast imaging, Non-destructive testing, Dynamic mode decompositions
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserve
- Xu Z, Joenathan C, Khorana B M, Temporal and spatial properties of the time-varying speckles of botanical specimens, Opt Eng, 34(1995)1487–1502.
- Fujii H, Nohira K, Yamamoto Y, Ikawa H, Ohura T, Evaluation of blood flow by laser speckle image sensing, Part 1. Appl Opt, 26(1987)5321–5325.
- Arizaga R A, Cap N L, Rabal H J, Trivi M, Display of local activity using dynamical speckle patterns, Opt Eng, 41(2002)287–294.
- Yamaguchi I, Yokota M, Ida T, Sunaga M, Kobayashi K, Monitoring of paint drying process by digital speckle correlation, Opt Rev, 14(2007)362–364.
- Schmid P, Dynamic mode decomposition of numerical and experimental data, J Fluid Mech, 656(2010)5–28.
- Muniraju A, Analysis of Dynamic Mode Decomposition, Master Thesis, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 2018.
- Tu J H, Rowley C W, Luchtenburg D M, Brunton S L, Kutz J N. On dynamic mode decomposition: Theory and applications, J Comput Nonlinear Dyn, 1(2014)391–421.
- Lipei S, Zhen Z, Xueyan W, Xing Z, Daniel SE,”Simulation of speckle patterns with pre-defined correlation distributions, Biomed Opt Exp, 7(2016)798–809.
- Federico A, Kaufmann G H, Galizzi G E, Rabal H, Trivi M, Arizaga R. Simulation of dynamic speckle sequences and its application to the analysis of transient processes, Opt Commun, 9(2006)493–499.
- Sendra G H, Rabal H J, Trivi M, Arizaga R, Numerical model for simulation of dynamic speckle reference patterns, Opt Commun, 700(2009)3693–3700.
- Maize Seed dataset,http://repositorio.ufla.br/jspui/handle/1/10560.
- Zakharov P, Völker A C, Wyss M T, Haiss F, Calcinaghi N, Zunzunegui C, Weber B, Dynamic laser speckle imaging of cerebral blood flow, Opt Express, 17(2009)13904–13917.