Editor-in-Chief : V.K. Rastogi
|Asian Journal of Physics||Vol 31, Nos 3 – 6 (2022) 539-544|
Estimation of the Brillouin scattering threshold in few mode fibers
M Santagiustina1 and I Abidi2
1Università di Padova, via Gradenigo 6b, 35131 Padova, Italy
2University of Carthage, Engineering School of Communication of Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia
Dedicated to Professor Bishnu P Pal for his enormous contributions to the advancement of research and education in science and technology through his unique vision and outstanding dedication
An accurate derivation of the power threshold of spontaneous Brillouin scattering in few mode fibers is presented. The key role played by the acousto-optic interactions in determining the threshold is demonstrated. © Anita Publications. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Few mode fibers, Brillouin scattering, Spatial division multiplexing.
Peer Review Information
Method: Single- anonymous; Screened for Plagiarism? Yes
Buy this Article in Print © Anita Publications. All rights reserve
- Essiambre R J, Tkach R W, Capacity trends and limits of optical communication networks, Proc IEEE, 100(2012)1035–1055.
- Richardson D J, Fini J, Nelson L, Space-division multiplexing in optical fibres, Nat Phot, 7(2013)354–362.
- Yaman F, Bai N, Zhu B, Wang T, Li G, Long distance transmission in few-mode fibers, Opt Express, 18(2010)13250–13257.
- Gruner-Nielsen L, Sun Y, Nicholson J W, Jakobsen D, Jespersen K G, Lingle R, Palsdottir B, Few Mode Transmission Fiber With Low DGD, Low Mode Coupling, and Low Loss, J Light Technol, 30(2012)3693–3698.
- Xia C, Cen Xia, Chand N, Velázquez-Benítez A M, Yang Z, Liu X, Antonio-Lopez J E, Wen H, Zhu B, Zhao N, Effenberger F, Amezcua-Correa R, Li G, Time-division-multiplexed few-mode passive optical network, Opt Express, 23(2015)1151–1158.
- Mermelstein M D, Ramachandran S, Fini J M, Ghalmi S, SBS gain efficiency measurements and modelling in a 1714 μm2 effective area LP08 higher-order mode optical fiber, Opt Express, 14(2007)15952–15963.
- Esmaeelpour M, Ryf R, Fontaine N K, Chen H, Gnauck A H, Essiambre R-J, Toulouse J, Sun Y, Lingle R, Transmission over 1050-km few-mode fiber based on bidirectional distributed Raman amplification, J Light Techol, 34(2016)1864–1871.
- Marcon G, Galtarossa A, Palmieri L, Santagiustina M, Model-aware Deep Learning Method for Raman Amplification in Few-Mode Fibers, J Light Tech, 39(2021)1371–1380.
- Smith R G, Optical power handling capacity of low loss optical fibers as determined by stimulated Raman and Brillouin scattering, Appl Opt, 11(1972)2489–2494.
- Kobyakov A, Sauer M, Chowdhury D, Stimulated Brillouin scattering in optical fibers, Adv Opt Photon, 2(2010)1–59.
- Chen W, Hu G, Liu F, Wang F, Song C, Li X, Yong Y, Threshold for stimulated Brillouin scattering in few-mode fibers, App Opt, 58(2019)4105-4110.
- Song K Y, Kim Y H, Characterization of stimulated Brillouin scattering in a few-mode fiber, Opt Lett, 38(2013)4841–4844.
- Minardo A, Bernini R, Zeni L, Experimental and numerical study on stimulated Brillouin scattering in a graded-index multimode fiber, Opt Exp, 22(2014)17480–17489.
- Wei W, Wang X, Tang X, Stimulated Brillouin Scattering Model in Multi-Mode Fiber Lasers, J Sel Top Quant El, 20(2014)0901610; doi. 10.1109/JSTQE.2014.2303256.
- Pizzinat A, Chanclou P, Saliou F, Diallo T, Things You Should Know About Fronthaul, J Light Tech, 33(2015)1077–1083.